Thursday, May 20, 2004

Anyone want to chip in?

A funny e-mail from my mom...

A lobbyist, on his way home from work in Washington, D.C.,
came to a dead halt in traffic and thought to himself,
"Wow, this traffic seems worse than usual." He noticed a
police officer walking between the lines of stopped cars,
so he rolled down his window and asked, "Officer, what's
the hold-up?"

The officer replied, "The President is depressed, so he
stopped his motorcade and is threatening to douse himself
with gasoline and set himself on fire. He says no one
believes his stories about why we went to war in Iraq, or
the worsening deficit and economy, or that his tax cuts
will help anyone except his wealthy friends. So we're
taking up a collection for him."

The lobbyist asks, "How much have you got so far?"
The officer replies, "About four gallons, but a lot of
folks are still siphoning."


1 comment:

knit*pick said...

I've got some extra matches. Oh, I feel mean for saying that. Oh well! Anyway, I thought I would let you know that my new favorite word is "BLAR!"