Thursday, May 27, 2004

5 mos....

After my last trip home, I worried that Colorado was ruined for me and I
had become a true North Carolinian... I wanted nothing more than to jump
on a plane back to NC and get back to my life when I was here for
Christmas... I don't know if that had anything to do with the stress or
what, but this time around I am fully enjoying my trip here.

It really makes me remember why I loved the spring here so much. I went
for a run this morning (okay, let's be honest - it was almost noon) and
was so distracted taking in the gorgeous sky and trees and weather that I
almost forgot to run! I could just lay in the grass and listen to the
wind and the trees and the creek forever out there...

As an aside, I've noticed Coloradans are REALLY bad at parking lot
driving! It's as if removing the lanes leads them (us) to believe that
there is no one else attepmting to get around. The quickest point is
definitely a straight line and God forbid anyone should put there cars in
the path of that straight line! It's very interesting what one notices
when one returns home after living somewhere else...

On the plus side, I'm rediscovering the wonders of the sidewalk. (You
mean you can walk next to the street without paralyzing fear of getting
run over?)

Okay, that was a lovely little ramble - I guess my brain's on vacation,
too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were talking about Cape Cod when you mentioned bad parking lot driving. I thought that was a disease every driver eventually caught. No one here is able to driv in the parking lot. Drives me insane, it's like these people are perfectly normal sane drivers then just before they drive into the parking lot they take a hit off the crack pipe or just go completely mad. Then they get out of their cars and they're okay again until they exit the store and have to drive out of the parking lot.