Friday, May 18, 2012

Saturday's plan (because I didn't want to post a novel on facebook)

We (possibly the royal 'we') will be starting around 7:30 at the I-40 overpass between the Black Creek Greenway and Umstead Park on Old Reedy Creek Rd.  We will be running THREE (count them) laps around the park, essentially mimicking the Umstead 100 course (Reedy Creek -> Turkey Creek ->Graylyn->Reedy Creek).

  • The theme of the first lap (starting at 7:30) will be "no miles under 10 min - you still have two more laps to go"


  • The second lap will start around 10.  The theme of the second lap will be "hooray!  Shannon is here!"


  • The third lap will ideally start around 12:30 (no promises, though). The theme of the third lap will be "ohmyfrickinggod this sucks - just try to keep moving forward"  I also may not be great company at this point.


Each lap will be 14 miles, and I will be going back out to my car each time, so if you want to join me or just point and laugh, be at the appointed location at one of those times.

If you want to break into my car, come other than one of those times, but be aware that your options for thievery will be as follows:

  • 5-10 year old camp chairs 
  • a yoga mat
  • a first aid kit
  • a roadside assistance kit
  • maybe some pb&j sammiches
  • perhaps some nasty running shoes
  • things that are original parts of my 13-year-old car (with the exception of the battery, which I think is only about 7 years old)
For the folks who are more running-oriented, though, I'd love to see you, but I'm also totally fine to slog through it alone, as I'm sure there will be many solo miles in Vermont :)


No comments: