Thursday, August 19, 2004

An open letter to Michael Phelps

Dear Michael,

Please pull up your pants. I don't know if you're aware, but you've been sporting a little bit of a plumber's crack for most of the Olympic games and I think you really need to address this fact. If not for the sake of decency (mooning a multinational TV audience is probably not all that diplomatic), perhaps for the sake of performance. In a sport where leg hair produces too much drag, I can only wonder how many precious milliseconds are lost to the drag created by water rushing into your exposed butt crack... So please, for the sake of your teammates and the world audience, pull up your pants.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Maddaleigh said...

Oh I dunno... I was watching the synchronised diving the other day (that's a sport?) and one of the competitors' speedos came down to mid thigh when he was swimming up after a dive. I have to say it was one of the highlights of my Olympic viewing experience. To each his (or her) own, I suppose.

knit*pick said...

Before finishing your post, I thought the same thing. The butt crack has to be slowing him down :-)