Thursday, July 21, 2005

grandparents and fleas

I was supposed to go visit my grandparents in scenic Aiken, SC this weekend. I had planned my week at work so I didn't have to come in over the weekend, I had gotten an oil change so my car would be ready for the drive, I had blocked out the weekend, so I had no social engagements planned.... I was all set to make the trek down south in two days until I got a phone call at 10:30 last night telling me that my grandparents were cancelling on me. I think it's a bad sign when your grandparents don't want to see you....especially when you're their only grandchild. I am pond scum.

Actually, the story is even funnier than that - you see, the reason they cancelled is apparently my aunt's apartment had become infested with fleas and they are going to try to help her take care of the problem. My aunt has fleas and my grandparents don't want to see me. Ah, my family is fun :)

No comments: